Monday, November 21, 2005

Thoughts on Worship

I was extremely encouraged by the worship service yesterday. I was nervous about not having a piano player and the concept of singing without accompaniment, but I had been praying that it would be a refreshing time for us. It was refreshing!
I long to have accompaniment -- I do think that it adds to the worship service! At the same time, I think that God uses occasions such as this to remind us that it is not the excellence of the different elements of worship that make us successful worshippers (although we should always strive for excellence in every way). The success of worship depends upon the Spirit of God ministering to us as we gather together in His name. He has promised to be there when we meet in His name and He is faithful!
--------------
Although I think the service went well yesterday, we are still in need of a piano player who can serve us by playing every week. Please pray that God will provide someone soon and keep thinking about people you know who might help us out in this area.

No comments: