Saturday, June 03, 2006

Comfort

comfort(Merriam-Webster): Function: noun
1 a: strengthening aid : ASSISTANCE, SUPPORT b: consolation in time of trouble or worry : SOLACE
2 a: a feeling of relief or encouragement b: contented well-being
3 : a satisfying or enjoyable experience
4 : one that gives or brings comfort
------------------
After thinking more about the article on adoption (see previous post) I am aware of the amazing fact that God knows me (all of me - good, bad, and ugly), still hears my prayers and evens answers them. I am amazed that He cares enough to have a plan for my future and that He is in control of that plan. I am amazed that He is committed to His glory - and that is good for me (more than anything else in the world).
So often I am like Russell Moore (see the article on adoption - especially the 4th paragraph) - I am frustrated because nothing seems to be "working," while all the time God has a plan that He is working out for me that is greater than I could ever ask for or imagine. That is comfort.

No comments: