Monday, December 05, 2005

Praying In A Time Of War

As I was thinking about the worship service yesterday, I decided that I should seek advice on how to pray for the military more effectively, especially in a time of war. John Piper offers the following thoughts:

Paul teaches us to pray for peace among nations for the sake of the gospel...It is not our business to decide the sovereign purpose of God in ordaining that some wars happen. Our business is to pray that justice, peace, and the proclamation of the gospel prevail.
As we pray for the military I think it is also appropriate that we pray for the safety of the soldiers, the stability of their families and that God would use world events and even wars for the advancement of the gospel and His own glory throughout all the world.

I know that many of you are in the military, have served, or have family that serve or did serve. I would love to hear your thoughts on how we should offer Gospel-saturated, God-honoring prayers to God for the military in times such as these.

No comments: